thomasinaknitsheader 2

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

O is for Owl

Knitting is a funny thing. Right alongside the bit of my knitting nature that prompts me to cast on or work on four new projects in a week is the bit that thinks on finishing a project "I enjoyed that so much I'm going to knit it again!". Of course it's a very good thing that the mind works like that to a certain extent otherwise I'd never knit any second socks! But to want to repeat a whole project, and then actually get the yarn and needles and do it is a bit rarer.

Must-repeat patterns for me include Cookie A.'s Monkey socks, Jennifer Little's Baby Sheep Yoke Cardigan and now the Owl Baby Vest by Jodi Haraldson.

O is for Owl

This one is for baby Freyja, the daughter of a colleague, and I'm knitting it in Baby Cashmerino on smaller needles and at a different gauge to get a 3 month old size (more or less).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever knit a project that I actually wanted to knit again, nope, I'm on to higher pastures. Sleeves are difficult, maybe need to find a pattern with sleeves that are different from each other. Yeah, that's it!

Terrye
http://knitting.craftgossip.com