thomasinaknitsheader 2

Sunday, November 02, 2008

NaKniSoMo

No, no, I'm just kidding. Knitting a sock a day for a month would be insane, even for someone who loves sock knitting as much as I do. I will however be having a shot at daily blogging (for NaBloPoMo) this month. This is not just because I am a sheep (I spend so much time surrounded by fibre that it was bound to rub off sooner or later). Rather that I enjoy reading other people's blog posts so much and I'm always so pleased when new content appears in Google reader that it seems only fair to give a bit back.

That said, I do have a new sock to show and tell. I brought a skein of Katie's sock yarn in the bee-yew-ti-ful Light Plums colourway up north with me along with the pattern for Interlocking Leaves from the Fall issue of Knitty. I've made it to the gusset on the first sock and I would be even further along if not that, after finishing the toe, I knit as far as round 11 on the chart before noticing that I was meant to start at round 7! Cue ripping and a little mild cursing.

Interlocking Leaves socks

The only modifications so far are that I'm trying to incorporate the lace pattern into the gusset increases à la Cat Bordhi - we'll see how that works out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: lace gussets/increases/Cat Bordhi...

Are you doing Riverbed architecture in order to keep the pattern going down to the bottom of the foot?

Will keep checking back to see how that works out!

Light Plum colourway is lovely.

x