thomasinaknitsheader 2

Sunday, November 02, 2008

FO - Baudelaire

FO - Baudelaire

Pattern: Baudelaire by Cookie A.
Yarn: Louet Opal Gems sock yarn (1.5 skeins)
Needles: 2.5mm

Another fantastic sock pattern from Cookie A. I love the way that the side cables snake over my ankle bone and the scalloped edges of the little leaves are perfect!

FO - Baudelaire

I did have thoughts of putting these in the Christmas gift basket* but decided against it as soon as I put them on. They're just so pretty and the colour - which does not come out at all in these photos - is fabulous, a something between jade and teal, think Erin's waltz dress from last week:



(purely gratuitous clip of Austin Healey's waltz for your viewing pleasure - check out the fleckerl!)

* note: this is a metaphorical basket. If only my knitting were really so orderly as to be stored in baskets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another impressive set of footwear! They look absolutely gorgeous; I love the fit and the yarn colour is great.

I also enjoy your gratuitous weekend TV youtube inclusion; wondering how I can now relate my knitting in some way to the X Factor...