thomasinaknitsheader 2

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Winter warmers

click to open the advent calendar window

Aw, those are so sweet! I just want to dash straight out to buy gingham ribbon and "bear coloured yarn"! The pattern is free from Little Cotton Rabbits and you can find it here.

I've just spent a jolly evening sitting under my as-yet-unbound cabbage patch quilt finishing off a pair of Berry Hill fingerless mittens in Artist's Palette Buttersoft DK.

Berry Hill mitts in Buttersoft DK

I'll try to get some modelled shots in daylight tomorrow as this picture isn't at all representative of the colour of this yarn which is much deeper and more subtle.

I've been taking a look at the project gallery for the mittens on Ravelry. I can't quite believe that 64 people have knit my pattern. I really love these in Rowan Wool Cotton by knitnpurlgurl, this pair in The Plucky Knitter Superwash Merino by wannabe and especially these by picperfic, not least because she then designed a matching pair of baby mitts - how cute is that! I might have to sort Laurie out with a pair of those although, bizarrely, her thumb is about the only thing she doesn't put in her mouth!

No comments: