thomasinaknitsheader 2

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

How do you make a baby sweater even cuter?

FO - Felix's cardigan

My finished Felix cardigan

Pattern: Felix's cardigan by Jacki Kelly.
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Rialto DK (2 balls green, 1 white)
Needles: 4mm circ and dpns (vital for the sleeves)
Modifications: Pattern knit in 6 row stripes with contrasting button band. Increases made using m1 (rather than kfb for raglan and yo for front increases). Also front increases were made 5 stitches in, rather than in the garter stitch edging.

Here's how...

Finished Felix cardigans

I'd left my cardigan spread out on my desk to finish drying and when I came back from a meeting another had appeared alongside it prompting a chorus of cooing from my colleagues. There's just something irresistable about the two of them together.

Aliki's finished Felix cardigan

The two cardigans are as nearly identical as can be. Aliki's front increases are done slightly differently from mine (totally my fault for going off piste without telling her first) but otherwise the only difference is in the colour of the stripes. I think that Meraud's twins will look fantastic in these.

Door number 9

No comments: