thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Everything but the kitchen sink

Click here to see what's behind door number 17

I'm just taking a quick break from finishing up my Christmas yarn packing* which is much more complicated than my Christmas clothes packing - yarn - check, needles - check, notions - check, patterns - check, emergency yarn - check, fibre - check, drop spindle - check. I'm going to be away for 17 days which is a very long time in knitting.

First into the knitting bag are the presents to be knit and the presents in progress. I picked up yarn for something for my Dad and for my brother in John Lewis in Reading on the way to see Felix at Sticks 'n' String on Tuesday night. I had planned to also get two skeins of Noro Silk Garden to make one of those striped scarves for my brother-in-law but it looked like everyone had the same idea first as there were no manly contrast colourways left in stock. Luckily I have a fallback position (see * below).

I'm well into my brother's pressie. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that he'll read this so I'm not going to post about it but you can find the details here on Ravelry. It's the first thing I've ever knit for Ste so I really hope he likes it (no pressure, bro).

Whilst in John Lewis I not only found the picture for Door number 17 of the Advent Calendar but also the perfect final picture for Door number 24. No sneak preview though - you'll have to wait until Christmas eve.

knock knock

* actually I'm meant to be checking hat patterns on Ravelry so that I know what size needles to take with me. Hang about, isn't Ravelry meant to be the thing that distracts you from that other stuff you're meant to be doing?

No comments: