thomasinaknitsheader 2

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Mr Tweedy

Yet more of the Christmas knitting can now be unveiled although truth be told I was knitting this pretty openly in the two days before Christmas. It was either that or wrap up an unfinished hat*!

In the run-up to Christmas I couldn't find a hat pattern to knit for my Dad that fit all the criteria (to fit a man, heavy dk, dead quick, dead easy) so I improvised this and then wrote up the pattern. I've named it Mr Tweedy (after the beleaguered chicken farmer in Chicken Run) mainly because it's a bloke's hat knit from Rowan Scottish Tweed (I have got to come up with better stories for how I come up with the pattern names).

I used mistake rib as it's very forgiving size-wise due to its stretchiness, not to mention very cosy.

FO - Mr Tweedy

Mr Tweedy

Pattern: Mr Tweedy (available as a free Ravelry download)
Size: adult male
Yarn: Rowan Scottish Tweed DK; colour: Lewis Grey; 2 balls
Needles: 4mm circs (60 cm using magic loop)

Dad very kindly agreed to model this for the pattern photos during our lovely walk in the Lakes today (more of which later) after I pointed out that all he had to do was change his hat and look at the ducks.

* or be completely anti-social in the run-up to the big day which is kind of missing the point.

No comments: