thomasinaknitsheader 2

Sunday, July 26, 2009

TNA and Tikki

Yesterday the boyfriend had some business at The National Archives at Kew and I went along for the ride and to visit Tikki Patchwork which is just around the corner near Kew Gardens.

Tikki Patchwork

They have a lovely selection of fabrics and whilst the boyfriend was browsing among the rolls of parchment I was easily able to spend an hour browsing the bolts and fat quarters.

I picked out 1 metre of Kaffe Fasset Paperweight fabric for an A line skirt and a couple of fat quarters and one remnant plus some lengths of ribbon to make a crayon roll for Laurie and couple of tag blankets.

Fabric from Tikki

After shopping I pottered back to TNA to meet the boyfriend for lunch in their lovely cafe and to have a look round the gift shop. In fact we managed to have a really nice day out despite the fact that the boyfriend was actually working.

TNA

It would have been easy to go mad buying postcards reproduced from the archive images but I resisted and just picked up these two for Felix.

TNA postcards

I'm going to start on Laurie's crayon roll as soon as I find some (wax) crayons to put in it. It's been a while since I used them myself and I'm not completely confident of making the pockets the right size if I just go by my own judgment.

2 comments:

the frog princess said...

Ooh, I have the snail one too! :)

Lucie said...

Gorgeous fabrics. I love the idea of a crayon roll too - do please blog the FO. I made my little girl a lazy Sunday skirt (Oliver & s free pattern) from the very same KF fabric - she calls it her "bubble skirt".