thomasinaknitsheader 2

Monday, July 20, 2009

Best of the weekend

Best walk:

Richard at the arboretum

The boyfriend and I went for a walk round the Harcourt Arboretum between showers on Sunday afternoon. There were lots of trees (which we did expect) and a bit of art (which we didn't).

Encountering by Karen Purple

This was one of around 50 or so little insects tied on to a patch of nettles.

Best real insect:

Bee on lavender

Normally bees never stay still long enough for a really good shot but I think this one was a bit torpid after the rain. I love the tiny raindrops you can see on its fur.

Best window:

Cakes at Patisserie Valerie

Cakes at Patisserie Valerie. There's something very luxurious about buying a cake in a box for dessert and I just couldn't resist this beautiful display on Sunday evening.

Best yarn:

Superwash merino/seacell handspun

I finished spinning and plying this superwash merino/seacell blend from The Thylacine on Saturday morning in order to free up the wheel for the fleece to blanket day and by Sunday evening it was dry. This is just so shiny and lush, I want a really great sock pattern to show it off.

No comments: