thomasinaknitsheader 2

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Knit One (and Other)

One and Other

On Monday evening I went to see One and Other (aka "the plinth") in Trafalgar Square in company with Felix, Lara, Brenda Dayne and a bunch of other knitters. We were all there to see Marian Cinnamond who was up there knitting on what looked like a sleeve between 6 and 7pm.

One and Other

It was such a delight to meet Brenda who is the host of Cast-On my favourite knitting podcast. I've been listening to Brenda's while I knit for around four years now so it seemed perfectly normal to be sat alongside her in Trafalgar Square in the sunshine knitting and watching her swatch for another Liesl.

One and Other

Felix was also swatching but on the gigantic needles with the ultra-chunky Swaledale rope yarn from Prick Your Finger.

Felix at One and Other

Lara braved the very mucky floor and knit on her sock.

One and Other

It was really fantastic to see the people on the plinth and to feel all the energy and enthusiasm around the project. If you're in London in the next couple of months I really urge you to take an hour and head over there - it's really inspiring. In fact I was so inspired that I've just signed up for the ballot now.

No comments: