thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oh shoot

I'm sorry I didn't bring my camera into work today as it means I don't have a good picture of the 1 1/2 inches of colourwork which I painstakingly knit last night and heart-achingly ripped out this lunchtime (long story short I M1, K1, M1, K1, M1, K2'd 30 times instead of M1, K1, M1, K2ing 40 times). I am now trying to look for the positives in this.

Ripping out means more knitting - I like knitting so this is a good thing (I'm trying hard to follow Anne's example and be win-win about this).
I wasn't really loving the length of the circular needle that I was using and I suspect that this was messing with my tension - I can switch to a different length needle and it will be better (and hopefully not quite so hurty in the wrists).
When I ventured out to the LYS in search of this better length needle I discovered I already have one (actually two) at home - I spent the money saved on a spinach and feta thingy and a Rachel's Organic rice pudding (nom nom) from the deli next door.
I am in very good company.
I will have fewer stitches (8 per row) to knit this time around.
I will be over it as soon as I've reached the place I got to this morning, before it all went dark.

Had better start knitting then.

1 comment:

Kate said...

boo! The frustration. I recognise that increase round. . .