thomasinaknitsheader 2

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Spin, ply, knit

I finished spinning up the sample of Suffolk on the bus home after the AVF (much to the interest of the other passengers), plied it yesterday evening and soaked and hung it up with the 400g of BFL I finished on Friday. I love the smell of wet sheep in the bathroom.

Although I enjoyed spinning the wool (lovely long staple) I decided that it really was a bit too scratchy for me to wear (and I am not a wuss when it comes to wearing wool next to the skin).

Tea cosy

Luckily I knew someone in need of a woolly jumper who wouldn't complain.

Tea cosy

It was even happy to try on the WIP.

trying on

Mistake rib tea cosy

Tea cosy

Pattern: my own
Yarn: handspun Suffolk (grey), Rowan Felted Tweed held double (blue and brown)
Needles: 4.5mm dpns

No comments: