thomasinaknitsheader 2

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Just a peek

Monkey socks

Can you tell I bought my new shoes specifically to show off hand-knit socks?

Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Yarn: Merino Chubby Sock in Minty from The Knittery
Needles: 2.5mm
Ravelled here

If I were to knit another pair of Monkeys in this sock yarn (and it's not beyond the bounds of possibility) I'd try going down a needle size as these aren't quite as snug as they could be. Other than that they're just perfect and immensely cheering on an otherwise rather stressful work day.

Luckily I had the perfect relaxing evening at the Sticks and String knit night in Reading chatting with other knitters, eating delicious coffee and walnut cake and making good progress on my second Minimalist cardigan.

Minimalist cardigan

I'm not going to make predictions about how fast it's going and how soon I'll be finished as I did that the last time and a lot of ripping back ensued. Still I'm 7" into the back and I don't think I've done anything wrong yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your work is stressful this week. I love the peek of minty socks - the colourway looks lovely. I'm think about trying again with my socks, since I got stuff on Having Hope they have fallen a bit of a cliff. What is your minimalist cardigan made from?
It looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

They're gorgeous shoes. Seems perfectly reasonable to me to buy new shoes for any reason - especially showing of handknit socks :-)

Kyoko said...

I love the shoes that you can see then handknit socks! Lovely colours. The minimalist cardigan looks beautiful. Sometimes simple is the best! :D