thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Is that like some sort of black pudding kebab, then?

blood doners sign

Spotted this week at work inviting people along to one of the regular blood doning sessions. Given that I work for a fairly well-known academic publishing company I really hope that the NHS brought their own signs.

I really need to get back on the blood doning horse. I used to give twice a year until one of the nurses got a little too enthusiastic one time and I ended up with a huge dark red bruise in the crook of my elbow which meant that I wasn't able to pick up anything heavy with that arm for a week. It took a while to get over that, it wasn't so much the ow factor as the fact that the nurse strongly hinted that it was all due to my flimsy veins rather than her heavy-handedness*, and after I did get over it the sessions have always seemed to be at a time when I'm running a heavy cold.

Which is why I restricted myself to taking a photo and smirking.

* I know, I know, they're fine people doing a sterling job.

No comments: