thomasinaknitsheader 2

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Schoolboy error*

mismatched socks

Can you see what I've done there? No, it's not a trick of the light, one sock really is longer than the other. I cast off the second sock at lunchtime, held it up for Aliki and Cathy to admire and promptly realized that I'd missed out an entire cable repeat. If it was a matter of a miscrossed cable or two I'd leave it but even a knitting novice like the boyfriend can tell when one of his socks is too short!

* as Motty would say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no. I really hope they were toe-ups! I managed to change a heel once by cutting the yarn then grafting the two bits together again. Anyone would think I didn't actually like to knit.

Mikki Rhodes-Gloor said...

Beautiful socks. I really like the pattern. Is it your own or do you have a link? I think it would be fun (sans the different lengths) .