thomasinaknitsheader 2

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ready? Say awww

It's easy to spot the knitter amongst a group of people watching TV or a film. The knitter is the one who, after seeing anything particularly cute or cool (whether knitted or no), has an abstracted look on their face as they ponder "how can I make me one of those from yarn?". As soon as I saw the first adipose baby pop out in last week's Dr. Who I knew I wanted one of the little critters for my own and started wondering what existing pattern I could adapt or whether I'd have to write my own from scratch. Luckily, knitters all over seem to have had the same idea and by the time I checked on Ravelry there were four to choose from (the number has since gone up!). I picked the Amigurami Adipose Baby by Jennifer Christensen as I thought it was the cutest and I haven't done much crochet for a while.

I picked up the supplies (2 balls of Rowan Pure Wool DK, 4mm crochet hook, black 6mm beads and soft fibre fill) at John Lewis yesterday and got going.

Rowan Pure Wool DK and notions

The pattern was very easy to follow and I got the body done yesterday evening.

Adipose Baby - WIP

The cheeky smile is going to have to wait until I get back home to where the black embroidery floss lives.

Next up, a project which didn't quite manage a WIP post before it was finished. My sister found the first boat neck sweater so useful that she requested another, this time in blue.

Boat Neck Baby Sweater #2

Laurie in Boat Neck Sweater #2

Pattern: Boat Neck Sweater
Source: Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran (2 and a half balls)
Ravelled: here

As well as working on our own knitting the Bluestockings have been knitting away on a secret project for the last few weeks. It was finally revealed at our last get together on Wednesday.

Felix's Bluestocking blanket

This is a blanket for Felix (who is in hospital for an operation just at the moment). All the Bluestockings helped to knit squares and we had a big sewing up session at Lara's last Saturday. Felix seemed pretty chuffed with the blanket.

Felix's Bluestockings blanket

She really liked the fact that she could recognise yarn from all our projects of the last few months in the different squares.

(Apologies for the state of the photos - I only had my crappy camera phone. You can see much better photos over on Abstar's World.)

No comments: