thomasinaknitsheader 2

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No mess to report

April Fool!! Actually there's lots of mess as always.

Overflowing laundry basket

Some of it due to that fact that when I get home from work or running I just don't feel like doing housework, some due to the fact that doing laundry in the evenings is not terribly neighbourly (the spin cycle makes a heck of a racket) and some of a more longstanding nature.

Broken drawer

The sock drawer has been on its last legs for some time now. I haven't been able to shut it in ages as the bottom is sagging due to overloading and last week the front came off at one side. The overloading is due to the fact that despite having a dozen plus pairs of lovely hand knit socks I still haven't cut the cord and put out the cotton ones for recycling.

Of course some of the mess is due to the fact that I've been doing some lovely knitting instead of the washing up.

I'm racing along on the second Sheep Yoke Baby Cardigan - the bottom ribbing is nearly done.

Sheep Yoke Baby Cardigan # 2

This one is looking even better than the first (practice making perfect). The flowers look rather neater done in stranded knitting rather than duplicate stitch and the intarsia sheep worked out great, although darning in the ends did seem to take forever.

Sheep Yoke Baby Cardigan # 2 detail

I'm having serious thoughts about a grown-up version for myself. I just need to decide what yarn. I have 10 balls of Wensleydale Longwool 4 ply in suitably sheepy colours but I do have a hankering for a natural shades chunky version. I think that the maths would be easier (although I'm not quite naive enough to think I can upsize just by knitting the baby version on bigger needles!) and Sirdar have a reasonably inexpensive single ply in just the right shades of sheep.

1 comment:

Felicity Ford said...

the sheep cardigan's are utterly impressive in every way and well worth a few unwashed dishes!

x