thomasinaknitsheader 2

Monday, April 28, 2008

Bead games

Yesterday was another packed Saturday. I caught an early train to London and squeezed in a visit to my sister and the baby before extending my knowledge of London's public transport system and getting two buses to White Hart Lane to see Bolton play against Spurs. Luckily the stewards on the turnstile, whilst objecting to my bottle cap, had no issues with my 2.5mm dpns so I was able to knit away some of the pre-match tension.

sock at White Hart Lane

When I got back to Oxford, having a half hour to kill before my bus home, I dropped into Borders to discover a lovely glossy stack of the Spring/Summer issue of Vogue Knitting. I was just flicking through to see if it met the four pattern criteria for purchase when I spotted this, squeezed in between an item on knitting retreats in Blackpool and Rachael Matthews' Analogue Amnesty.

Missability in Vogue

Missability in Vogue Knitting! Just how cool is that?

This made the four patterns thing pretty much a moot point which is lucky as whilst there aren't four things I want to knit, there is most definitely one thing I want to knit - the Kaffe Fasset "In Full Bloom" jacket.

In Full Bloom

It's gorgeous (and not shaped like a tent) and it's gone straight in my Ravelry queue. It's also knit from Rowan Pure Wool DK (which you might have noticed I like a lot) so no worries about substituting yarns or matching colours.

I had today pencilled in for getting out the sewing machine and putting in some much overdue work on the quilt blocks but as Katie remarked in the comments to the last post, I do have a tendency to get distracted by shiny things and I had a very pleasant afternoon making things out of the beads and fixings that I bought last weekend in London.

After a couple of hours work, this ...

Beads

... had turned into these.

Black stitch markers

Green stitch markers

Beaded necklace

The green beads are dyed turquoise and the orange are carnelian and both are from Buffy's Beads off Carnaby Street.

I'm keeping the necklaces but I've popped the stitch markers onto cards to be given as gifts as I think I may just have enough for my own use at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The stitch markers look great - really pretty. I L-O-V-E the cardigan and I can't believe Missability is in Vogue knitting. Brilliant discoveries. And did Bolton win?