thomasinaknitsheader 2

Monday, April 30, 2007

Feeding the birds

pheasant

I got home from work to find one of the downstairs neighbours feeding the birds thus solving the mystery of why there are quite so many pheasants hanging around the close. I haven't been able to get a close up of any of them yet. They're quite twitchy and I'm wary of sneaking up on them since I startled one of a pair poking about on the lawn early one morning. It rocketed off at far too low a trajectory and rebounded off the first floor windows of one of the neighbouring flats. Luckily the glazing is very tough around here.

There are lots of other birds in the trees around our flat. When I came into the back room to upload these photos I spotted what I suspect was a lesser spotted woodpecker drumming in the pine tree.

Lesser(?) blurred woodpecker

On the finished objects front we have the Posy bootees from the Jaeger baby book. Sadly they're not quite identical (one of them has a couple of extra rows and I didn't have the heart to rip back) but it's not hugely obvious (I hope).

Posy bootees

Pattern: Posy from the Jaeger baby book
Yarn: Jaeger Matchmaker Merino 4 ply

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely birds! Their colouring gives me a fantastic idea for a colour and design scheme for your Sockapalooza socks! Heh, heh...