thomasinaknitsheader 2

Monday, August 07, 2006

Jaywalkers (yay)

I'd intended to post one long post about all the things I'd done this weekend (made lemon tart, visited a friend, started Elspeth, eaten ice-cream by the river) but blogger is playing up at the mo'. So this is my nearly completed first Jaywalker sock knitted from half a skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Jeans (thus dispelling the myth that you need two skeins of the stuff to knit a pair of socks). OK they're only ankle socks and the Jaywalker pattern is surprisingly stretchy lengthways but still. I do really love this pattern. It's fast becoming my "I want a new pair of socks and I want them now!" stand-by as it's so quick and easy. I'm already planning a pair of "Jayhikers" out of bright green Kilcarra Aran Tweed for my trip to Grasmere at the end of the month. The pattern's just as appropriate for hill walking in the Lakes as it is for dodging traffic in the city as you really can't walk in a straight line up a stony mountain path.

No comments: