thomasinaknitsheader 2

Monday, August 21, 2006

General Loopiness!


On Saturday I travelled to London for a friend's hen-party which was an extremely civilised affair starting off with a trip to Loop (for the yarn-obsessed amongst the party) and continuing on to Pottery Café on Fulham Road in order to drink fizz and paint plates and mugs and, in my case, piggy-banks.
I went into Loop with the intention of buying something sensible like sock-yarn or Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in order to knit Fetching from Knitty Summer 06. Instead I came away with two balls of Be Sweet Boucle Baby Mohair in Heather and Chocolate with which I will be knitting a ruffled scarf (for which as yet I don't have the pattern or the needles) to match the brown velvet jacket to which I finally succumbed. Pictures to follow (as I used up my flickr allowance for this month already). I also (much more practical) bought two sets of 3mm by 40 cm addi circular needles in order to learn to knit two socks at once. I feel that this is a vital skill to possess if I'm not to crash out of Sock Wars in the first round. I will be casting-on my first pair of practice socks this evening in the DB Baby Cashmerino and attempting to adapt the Birch Leaves pattern by Nancy Bush from Gathering of Lace.
I'll write more about the pottery painting when I've uploaded the photos.

No comments: