thomasinaknitsheader 2

Monday, August 07, 2006

Elspeth

On Sunday I did lots of housework (trying to hoover up all those 2 inch pieces of yarn that infest our flat), some more training for Sock Wars (i.e. the Lorna's Laces Jaywalker sock) and cast on a new project. This is taking my WIPs count (see right hand column) dangerously high again I know but the yarn has been just sitting there for weeks and I couldn't take it any more. The pattern is Elspeth from Rowan 37 and I'm knitting in Rowan Calmer with size 5mm needles. I'd read a few comments about how tricky it was following the pattern from the chart but didn't find that too tough. What I was surprised by though was that the pattern nowhere warns you that if you follow the chart exactly you can end up with unmatched yarn-overs which gives you unexpected increases. I'm hoping that I can get around this by just knitting the very edges plain unless there is both a yarn-over and a matching decrease.

No comments: