thomasinaknitsheader 2

Monday, July 24, 2006

More finished objects

On Sunday evening I finished off two pairs of socks which had been languishing in my knitting bag for a few weeks now and learnt a couple of valuable lessons along the way.

1. There will be knots in your yarn at the most inconvenient places. I had congratulated myself on finishing the first black Jaywalker sock with about eight inches of yarn to spare, thus avoiding adding to the stock of 10 yard balls of sock-yarn in my stash. However, by the time I reached the second knot in the ball of yarn I was using for the second sock I started to worry that I'd cut things a bit too fine. It all worked out in the end, but only just.
2. It is not a good idea to knit black socks in the cinema. That one I really should have figured out for myself before I dropped a stitch somewhere near one of the double decreases and had to rip out about ten rounds.Mistake rib alpaca socks

Anyway, the black DK Jaywalkers and the Mistake Rib Alpaca socks are now neatly paired up and can be added to the sock-pile (my bid at pre-emptive Christmas knitting). The picture of the black Jaywalkers didn't really do them justice but they are beautiful (in a very subtle sort of way).

No comments: