thomasinaknitsheader 2

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You wait 5 years for a nupp ...

... and then 30 come along at once.

Aeolian shawl - nupps

Earlier this evening I knit my very first nupp* (pronounced /n-oo-p/) with the advice of Lien and Sara who are experienced nupp-ers. Two rows later I felt like an expert myself after knitting 30 of the little things in quick succession. I've now knitted my first out of three sets of Agave motifs and according to Sara, who has knit the Aeolian shawlette, it's downhill all the way (in a good way) from here on in.

We had a lovely evening at the pub made even better by unexpected visits from Ruth and the newest Oxford Bluestocking accompanied by Ellen. I was very proud to see my garter stitch cardigan being modelled. It fits just perfectly now which probably means that it will be too small next week! I'll have to see what I can whip up in the next size up.

* a little bobble created by knitting alternate stitches and yarn overs into the same stitch and then purling them together on the next row.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Ooo! I didn't know how to pronounce nupp, I thought it rhymed with up! My new thing I've learnt today.

Your shawl is looking beautiful.