thomasinaknitsheader 2

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The real thing!

Squee! I bought my wedding dress today. OK, it's still in its constituent parts but it's still pretty exciting.

Wedding dress

I had a very jolly afternoon in John Lewis looking at fabrics and notions and eating cake.

Tiramisu

Well if you're going to have a gateau you might as well have a gateau!

I also stocked up on beads for the Aeolian shawl.

Aeolian shawl

It's coming along nicely now after a bit of a hitch when I realised after starting on the second chart that I was a repeat short on the first chart - Argh! Ripping back beaded lace is tricky. I suspect it might be karmic retribution for me pooh-poohing the idea that a life line might be a good idea last Wednesday at knitting. Maybe I should put one in now.

1 comment:

tinebeest said...

Life lines rock my world. A straight scarf in lace tends to be no problem, but I feel safer knitting even the simplest lace if it has those increases to make the thing wider.

Can't wait to see how the real thing will turn out!