thomasinaknitsheader 2

Monday, March 15, 2010

Marathon girl - Week #8

Day #7 - half-marathon race

Venue: Silverstone GP circuit
Distance: 13.1 miles
Time: 01:45:12 hours
Average time (per mile): 08:02 minutes

I am beyond chuffed with my time for this race. I knew I'd been getting faster but 01:45:12 was much better than I'd been aiming for. And I'm even more pleased with my place. I noticed by the time I got to the last 3 miles that I wasn't seeing many other girls and I'm sure that it's partly because there were more male than female entrants but it's certainly a boost to the ego to be running alongside and ahead of a bunch of fit(tish) young(ish) blokes. Anyway I was thrilled to be placed 952nd (out of 5750) overall and 102nd among the women.

Next week it's the first of the really long runs - 18 miles!

2 comments:

Felix said...

I am very inspired and impressed by all your running! You're doing amazingly.

Well done on that sterling time; I love it when you get into your stride and find a new level of fitness/speed within.

Looking forward to seeing you later x

Ruthcrafts said...

congratulations! I'm so impressed by your consistent improvement :)