thomasinaknitsheader 2

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A walk in the park

I still can't get over how lucky I am that this is my local park.*

DSCF0393

We went for a late afternoon walk round the lake after I had got back from a lovely afternoon watching The Way at the Phoenix Picturehouse. I've made a resolution to go to the cinema more often. I think we got a bit out of the habit (what with the Odeon charging through the nose for what are often not-very-good films) but watching a film (a good film at any rate) at the cinema is a much richer experience than watching at home on tv or a laptop with the ability to pause and break the spell at any moment. I very much recommend The Way - it's heart-warming without being being overly cheesy or sentimental and Martin Sheen is great.**

My afternoon was absolutely made up though when I popped into Darn It and Stitch to pick up some buttons for Kate's cardigan and received a wonderful present from Jo as a thank you for entering a cake in her competition - apparently it is the taking part that counts. Jo had mentioned that there was a small thank you waiting for me in the shop but I was completely amazed when I opened the parcel and found a £10 gift voucher and a skein of Fyberspates Scrumptious 4 ply (apologies, just got completely distracted on Ravelry wondering what to knit with it).

Anyway, back to our walk.

DSCF0394

I love these views from this side of the lake where you can just see Woodstock in the background. It's hard for me to believe that this isn't a natural landscape when walking round here - these guys did an amazing job.

* and that their ticketing and access policies are so enlightened as to allow us to enjoy it as frequently as we do.

** although frankly I could listen to Martin Sheen reading out the phone book and enjoy it.

No comments: