thomasinaknitsheader 2

Friday, May 14, 2010

Making it all better

Excuse the language but it has been a hell of a week. Entirely my own fault but I managed to book myself onto a two day course during a week in which I was more than ordinarily busy with my day job. So I have been making it all better by ...

  • painting my nails to match my current knitting project (yes, they're now bright red to match Megan's Redgum sock yarn)
  • knitting said project
  • buying a scoop of G&D's vanilla icecream with chocolate sauce on the way home
  • putting a good squirt of Bulgari on each wrist
  • phoning a friend for a chat
  • making and eating a mushroom risotto with blue cheese (everything tastes better if you put Stilton on it)
  • drinking a couple of glasses of Sauvignon Blanc
  • making Nigella Lawson's banana bread from Domestic Goddess (minus the rum, raisins, and walnuts) for tomorrow's guild meeting
  • watching four episodes of the West Wing season 4 back to back on the laptop whilst making risotto and banana bread - the Nick and Dave show is pretty entertaining but it doesn't come close to Bartlett for America - we bought our breadbox because it could hold a loaf from our breadmaker but it's also the only spare flat surface in the kitchen on which to rest the laptop

    Safe to say I'm feeling pretty good right now.

1 comment:

Moggle said...

Ah, you made the banana bread/cake. It was delicious!