thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Random Thursday

I cannot not wash my hair when taking a shower. Even if I get into the shower wearing a shower cap if will be taken off within about 10 seconds of turning on the water. Trying to keep your hair dry in the shower just takes all the fun out of it.

I frequently sing whilst running. Sometimes in my head. Sometimes out loud. It's cheaper than buying a lightweight MP3 player and running headphones.

I fit into my skinny jeans (the ones I've been hanging onto for two years so that I know when I'm the "right" size again) on Saturday. It'll be interesting to see if I still fit into them after last night's Brakspear and hot chocolate extravaganza.

I'm thinking about making another Cabelona dress for the work Christmas party. It depends on whether or not John Lewis have any gold coloured satin in stock.

I love how when you're nearly thirty you can cut your own fringe and no-one can tell you off*. Remember how when you were little cutting your own hair (or the hair of others) with the scissors at school was the ultimate taboo?

* don't worry Mum, I've been doing it for a while now and no-one's pointed at me in the street yet!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I am totally with you on the shower thing. I must wash my hair if I'm in the shower or it feels weird!

Felicity Ford said...

I agree totally about the shower. Not washing your hair in the shower is like moisturising only one side of your face; you feel somehow that the job is unfinished!

I also often sing while out walking, my favourite belter is Candi Staton's 'you've got the love' but I only go for that when I know there is nobody around to hear me!

I sadly *don't* fit into my skinny jeans anymore.

...and I also enjoy cutting my own fringe. Luckily if I wreck it I can always claim I did it as an art project.

Petit Filoux said...

I love love love to sing but unfortunately for people around I can't really sing at all, so I do try and restrain myself although I find it really hard when I've got my mp3 playing!
Think the dress looks really good, you should really try and make another
Well done with the skinny jeans - I'm definitely a long way off fitting into skinny type jeans I could wear only a year ago... x