thomasinaknitsheader 2

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Quick catch up

I've not really felt in the mood for blogging this week, or rather I've not felt in the mood for sitting in our rather chilly study when I could be reading in bed or knitting in the much warmer sitting room. There's been a real nip in the weather since the weekend giving me an added incentive to knit more socks to make up for all the darned pairs.

FO - Marathon Monkeys



Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Yarn: Artful Ewe sock yarn (1 skein)
Needles: 2.5mm dpns
Ravelled: here

WIP - Purple Monkeys



I make no apologies for knitting yet another pair of Monkeys (aka The Most Popular Socks in the World). I need socks quick and I can knock out two and a half pattern repeats on my bus ride to and from work each day. Even if I only knit on the bus I'd have a pair in two weeks.

As I'm nearly down to the heel on the second sock of this pair I started casting around for sock yarn for my next pair and came up with another pair of Cookie A. socks. OK, it's more like 0.9 of a single sock rather than a pair.

The Loneliest Sock

No, I'm not going to rip it back to make Monkeys (that would be silly) but as soon as I've finished it I'll be using the leftover yarn (extremely lush Louet Gems Opal) for my next pair. I'll have at least one skein spare due to my thinking I needed three skeins rather than two for these when I was at Ally Pally last year - I blame the yarn fumes.

No comments: