thomasinaknitsheader 2

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Banana Republic Hat Knockoff - free to good home

This was going to be a post about how the weather has changed so quickly from bright and sunny to cold and wet and how I saw this hat and thought it would be a fabulous quick knit to knock up in an evening so I would have a warm hat to wear when looking after my baby niece at the weekend.

The hat did knit up very quickly (about 2 hours knitting time I think) and looked great, even though I had to knit it on straights and seam it as I didn't have a pair of circs in the correct size. I thought it seemed a bit snug when I tried it on after finishing it and my suspicions were confirmed the next morning when, after wearing it for an hour, I took it off to brush my hair and discovered a neat pattern of garter bumps imprinted on my forehead.

I'm not ripping out as I have plenty of the yarn (I bought enough to make a poncho back in 2005 when a cream poncho in bulky wool seemed the height of sophistication) and frankly - although it's holding up very well - it's been through enough of that already!

So if the circumference of your head is 21" or less leave a comment in the notes or PM me on Ravelry and the hat is yours!*

Banana Republic Knockoff Hat

Pattern: Banana Republic Hat Knockoff
Ravelled: here
Yarn: Rowan Big Wool in Spun Sugar
Needles: 5mm/6.5mm

It really is very warm.

* Distance no object.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely hat! Sadly my head is considerably larger than 21" . . . have you tried stretching it when wet?