thomasinaknitsheader 2

Sunday, March 23, 2008

I got sunshine, I got blue sky..

..and not only in my yarn, as we were treated to a white Easter with clear skies and sparkling snow up here in the semi-freddo north! Alas I haven't been able to venture out as I'm still hoping that I can coddle myself out of my cold before visiting the niece on Thursday, thus avoiding the embarrassment of being the only one in a face mask. Luckily she's too young to be scarred for life!

Oxford Kitchen Yarns yarn in sunshine and sky

I would also have a finished objects post about the lace edge cardigan but my blocking photo turned out really poorly (as in you can't even see the lilac towel it's sitting on). Never mind, maybe we'll get model shots after my visit!

In the meantime I have two skeins of Oxford Kitchen Yarns yarn in DK weight to play with. It's for (yet another) secret project so I can't say much more, but I'm having lots of fun messing around with stitch patterns in this lovely yarn.

I brought both Debbie Bliss knitting books up north with me to see if there were any patterns that Mum could knit with her leftover Cashmerino Aran from the baby blanket. There's a little under two balls so it looks like all of the cardigans and sweaters are out but there's a really cute beret in Simply Baby which she's just casting on for*. I must just say how much I love this book. The patterns are beautiful and the photography is gorgeous, as are the babies! I didn't buy it myself (it was a present) but it easily meets the criteria of having four patterns (and more) that I want to knit.

* in fact she just came in now for a quick lesson in the long-tail cast-on.

No comments: