thomasinaknitsheader 2

Sunday, March 02, 2008

FO - lengthways garter stitch scarf

Lengthways garter stitch scarf

This turned out to be a record time quick knit. A bit of knitting on Friday evening, a bit on Saturday morning on the bus and waiting for the train and a bit more on Saturday evening in front of the telly and it was done. I blocked it overnight, which can be a risky strategy resulting in impromptu acupuncture of the feet, especially in an unfamiliar room, and fixed the tassels on first thing this morning.

Sadly, it didn't end up any wider despite best best attempts, but it's definitely longer and really it's so thick that the skinniness isn't an issue.

Lengthways garter stitch scarf

I love how the thick and thin bits in the yarn have formed diagonal stripes.

Given how well this has turned out I now have plans to rip out a bulky weight cardigan in Rowan Big Wool which has been attracting moths* in my wardrobe for far too long (it's boxy and it flares and the buttons won't stay buttoned) and cannibalise it for more scarves. The yarn was really far too expensive not to get worn.

Did I mention that I visited the bead shop on Saturday?

Beads

Despite all the lovelies on offer I managed to restrict myself to the smaller (and cheaper) beads (at 30-65p a shot these things can really add up) and some more jump rings. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't bring my pins and round-nosed pliers up here with me - still it's something to look forward to when I get home!

* Before I get put into quarantine I should stress that these are metaphorical moths.

No comments: