thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy blogcentenary

100 posts, woohoo! And to celebrate I have my first FO for Dulaan 2008 (I'm being super organised this year) and the first flower on our tomato plants, both coincidentally yellow.

Dulaan baby socks

Pattern source: The Baby Knits Book by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Debbie Bliss merino dk
Needles: 3.75mm dpns

I still have a couple of balls remaining of the DB merino dk so I'll be knitting a few more pairs of the baby socks and maybe a hat or two.

Tomato flower

The tomato plants were brought round by Aliki a few weeks ago and although they grew green and bushy I was a tad concerned about the lack of flowers (I'm not noted for my green fingers). I spotted the first one this morning and I'm hoping that a few more will have appeared by the time I get back here on Monday morning. Last year with just two plants we didn't have to buy tomatoes for two months and I'm crossing my fingers for a similar harvest this year.

No comments: