thomasinaknitsheader 2

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wee flowers

Rowan Fine Tweed

The only thing more utterly charming than these little cakes of Rowan Fine Tweed is the hat that I'm knitting with them.

Peerie Flooers

I am completely in love with the way that the yarns look together and how the main colour in one shade is picked up by the tweedy flecks in another. The hat is, of course, Kate Davies' Peerie Flooers and I have enough yarn to knit the hat plus matching mittens and then maybe another smaller hat when I'm done. The  only colour that I've substituted is the blue for the flower petals - John Lewis, Reading were completely out of Murker so I've used Skipton instead. I did toy with the idea of using a different colour scheme (I think grey with pinks and purples would look completely fabulous) but I just love the perkiness of Kate's original design. The other thing I love is how quickly this seems to be knitting up. The temptation to knit "just one more repeat" means you whip through the rows really quickly.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

I fell for that pattern immediately as soon as I saw it. And have you seen the newer hat pattern called Sheep Heid? Both are in my queue.

Annie said...

This will be lovely, your substituted blue is just dandy. I was planning on knitting a few Peerie Flooers, until I saw Sheep Heid ... maybe I should knit both!

Ruthcrafts said...

So jealous! but so many projects to finish - and deadlines looming :) Have a great weekend away this weekend!