thomasinaknitsheader 2

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sweater for a February baby

Not the February baby sweater (though I will of course now be knitting that pronto) but a sweater for my new niece Kate who was born on 8th February (and so shares my and my twin brother's birthday).

Sweater for a February baby

Pattern: Jacket with moss stitch bands from Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss
Needles: 3.25mm circs
Yarn: Jo Sharp Silk Georgette (2 balls) in ... you know, I can't quite remember what the colourway was but it was something suggesting a light, springy green.
Modifications: Knit 5 sts of moss stitch for the button bands instead of 6 (to make them the same width as the top and bottom border of the jacket). Picked up stitches along the armhole for the sleeves and knit them top down (rather than knitting them separately and sewing a seam at the armhole).

Since I knit this from yarn I bought in Australia at a very nice yarn/quilting shop called (I think) Pins and Needles it's technically a holiday souvenir as well as a new baby gift. Anyway, I hope Kate likes it as much as her big sister likes her pressies from Australia.

laurie in t shirt

*I like my new koala t-shirt so much I just can't stand still!*

No comments: