thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, August 09, 2007

All cosied up

I cast on my first knitted walking stick cosy for the Missability Knitted Walking Stick Cosy Competition this morning and it's knitting up like the wind (possibly because there's only 18 stitches in each round). I've already got about a foot done so I should be finished pretty soon, I'm already planning what I'll do for the next one!

Knitted walking stick cosy

The yarn is from the Natural Dye Studio I'm really liking the green/grey stripes on the stick - it'll be perfect for country walks. It's the spare yarn that my Sockapalooza pal sent me along with the socks* so it's thrifty too!

I chose a simple spiral lace pattern that should show up really well on the stick and I cast on with a ruffle (cast on 72 stitches, knit around, then K2tog around for 2 rounds, 18sts) so it should be stretchy enough to fit over any ferule or handle.

I'm really liking the green/grey stripes on the stick - it'll be perfect for country
* I am planning a big Sockapalooza post to show off the lovely socks and goodies I received but camera/computer issues mean I've got to postpone that till later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fabulous! I love the pattern and ruffle - i'm going to cast on tomorrow I think. Its either going to be in recycled plastic bags or I've got this plastic coated string I might use!
Lxx

Felicity Ford said...

It's beautiful!
I love the spiral pattern and the way the yarn stripes.
Very gorgeous!