thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, November 24, 2011

From scratch

There's something very satisfying about the words "from scratch" and it's something that I've been doing quite a bit of lately. I think I've got more use out of the pasta maker in 3 weeks than my parents did in 3 years and today I finally got around to trying my hand at ravioli.

Butternut squash ravioli

I still aspire to owning a ravioli cutter but in the meantime I've found a use for my smallest scone cutter.

Butternut squash ravioli

Ideally I would have used fresh leaves in my sage butter but I couldn't find any in the Co-op, Marks and Spencer, or even that out-of-season-produce giant Sainsbury. I must start growing my own.

Butternut squash ravioli

I was so pleased with these, they're not quite as amazing as the filled pasta I had at Eataly in New York but they're well up to Strada standard. They are, I'm afraid, a right faff to make but good fun and well worth it.

No comments: