thomasinaknitsheader 2

Monday, August 08, 2011

More postcards from New York

New York skyscrapers

NY_skyscrapers

Clockwise from top left: Woolworth building, Chrysler building, Empire State building, Flatiron building.

New York bridges

NY_bridges

Clockwise from top left: Brooklyn bridge, Manhattan bridge, George Washington bridge, Henry Hudson bridge

New York landmarks

NY_landmarks

Clockwise from top left: New York Stock Exchange, Federal Hall, Bow Bridge in Central Park, Statue of Liberty

New York snacks

NY_snacks

Clockwise from top left: Devil's Food cake cupcake at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Frozen yoghurt at Bloomingdales, Red Velvet cupcake at Blake & Todd, Italian Combo at Ashby's

Suffice to say we had an amazing time. Highlights include the Circle Line boat trip, checking out the views from the Top of the Rock, and having cocktails at a swanky bar on the top floor of a hotel just up the road from the UN. I also loved strolling round Central Park and window shopping in Soho. Plus my visit to Purl Soho where I did more than just window shop. Photos of yarn and what I'm knitting with it in my next post.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Makes me want to be in New York myself! The best of NewYork really is the best isn't it. And so envious that you got to shop at Purl Soho!