thomasinaknitsheader 2

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Raindrops on roses

I felt a wee bit cheated when the Bank Holiday dawned cold and drizzly (especially since today was so lovely by comparison) but I made the most of it. After some traditional Bank Holiday viewing I headed up to Blenheim Palace to investigate whether the rose garden was in bloom yet.

The plus side of the rainy weather was that the gardens were lovely and quiet.

DSCF0288

The flip side of course was that the tea rooms were heaving when I went in there later for a quick scone.

So, were the roses out?

Yes, they were. It's extremely bad form to pick flowers in other people's gardens so I picked them with my camera instead.

Rose mosaic

The raindrops are all very picturesque but I still can't wait to get back there when the sun's out.

Rose mosaic

2 comments:

Petit Filoux said...

They look so pretty, I bet they smelled really nice too! I can't help but stick my nose in any rose I walk past, their smell is just so gorgeous! (and anything bought from the supermarket these days just doesn't smell of anything!)

do you mind if i knit said...

SPECTACULAR! Thos eRoses are SPECTACULAR! Love Vanessa xxx