thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, May 19, 2011

All the H's

Introducing my Honeymoon Hurricane Handspun Hat*:

Handspun hat

I finally managed to break the cycle and cast on for something which is not a Spring Garden Tee (3 and counting). I wound this skein of yarn (spun from fibre bought on my honeymoon in New South Wales) into a cake on Monday and have been trying to find a good one skein pattern since. I originally cast on for a cowl but then I spotted the Hurricane hat pattern on Ravelry. The spiral pattern is formed by a very simple but very neat bit of maths which continues all through the decreases into a very cunning swirl at the top. I just hope I have enough yarn.

* btw I am personally taking credit for the gorgeous weather today having cast on for a woolly hat last night.

No comments: