thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cute as a button

This morning's post brought a fabulous parcel from the lovely Felix. I have to confess that when she texted me from York on Friday to say that she'd been thinking of me in Duttons a little part of my mind did wonder if that meant that some buttony goodness would be coming my way but I really didn't expect so many gorgeous buttons at once!

Button card of joy

Thank you so much Felix!

Luckily I was wearing my raspberry Minimalist cardigan today so I was able to note that the reddish/pink buttons were a perfect match and to earmark eight of them right away. I waas only kicking myself that I didn't have the needles and yarn to get started right away at Bluestockings. Still it doesn't take long to whip up a button band. One episode of The Apprentice and two of Family Guy, et voila!

Button-down Minimalist cardigan

Ravelled: here

I'll hopefully get some better photos tomorrow or at the weekend but I just couldn't wait to share my modified Minimalist cardigan.

Now I just need to plan what to do with all the other buttons.

1 comment:

Felix said...

I'm super delighted to see you getting use out of the buttons already!