thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, April 02, 2009

All spun out

You know it's time to stop spinning when your hands start to cramp up and you get a serious crick (the sort I used to associate with a 5 hour waitressing shift) between your shoulders but with this Spindlefrog fibre it's just so tempting to see what the next colour change is going to spin up like.

That's my explanation for why I got through a bobbin and a half this evening.

Spindlefrog singles

I haven't been very systematic about either trying to keep the colours distinct or blending them all up anyhow so it's just going to be a glorious muddle of colour once it's plied. I have big plans for making a striped something (probably a hat) with the grey humbug Jacob I spun and plied a couple of weeks back. It's going to be fabulous.

There'll be no spinning this weekend as I'm up north for the footy but I'll have lots of little knitting projects to take with me.

If you think these are cute you should see the smaller size that I'm working on now.

Six needle baby socks

Pattern: Two-needle socks from Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss
Size: 3 months
Recipient: Seth (a colleague's new baby boy)
Yarn: Baby cashmerino
Needles: 3.25mm dpns
Mods: Knit in the round, otherwise according to the pattern
Ravelled: here

I bought the yarn and the book between leaving work and getting to the pub for knitting yesterday evening, I felt like I needed a bit of "yarn therapy". Although the book is aimed at beginner knitters (the front section has notes on all the techniques you'll need to knit the patterns) the designs are so lovely that they should appeal to knitters of all abilities. I love the dress with eyelets. It's such a simple design that you could either just knit it as written or add any colourwork or lace that you want to make it more fancy. I can't wait to knit one for Laurie!

No comments: