thomasinaknitsheader 2

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Post-Christmas knitting

I'm taking a break from the Aeolian shawl, only because I'm just about to run out of yarn. Again! I've got another skein back at the flat but I only brought the current skein up to Bolton with me. It's a shame because it would be great to be able to block it and try it on with the dress whilst I'm up here but there are only 14 rows* to go so there should be no trouble about finishing it in time for the wedding.

In the meantime I've been playing with two of my Christmas presents from my parents - my deluxe set of KnitPro interchangeable needles (all the sizes from 3.5mm to 7mm and cables from 40cm to 100cm) and my Vogue Knitting Stitchionary: Cables v. 2 (btw whilst searching for the link to that book I found that you can access some of the Vogue Stitchionary patterns free online here - there are cables, knit and purl, and colourwork patterns).

The result (so far) is the beginnings of a reversible cabled rib scarf in the Blacker Designs pink Cotswold yarn that I bought at UK Knit Camp.

Reversible cable scarf

I love this cable - it's going to make for a really thick squooshy scarf.

* Although admittedly those 14 rows add up to about 13,000 stitches!

6 comments:

Lynne said...

13,000 stitches!! Sweet child of mine!!!!

Anonymous said...

You got the KnitPro Set!??! Wow! I am thinking about it, but what do you do with the needles you have two equal pairs of now??

tinebeest said...

Ooh that pink (peach?) stuff looks just like the Blacker Design I knitted up this week into a Damson Cowl (The Knitter, dec. 2010 issue). I have no idea what's in it, Sue told me at the time, but it was a one off test run for their colour collection.

Can't wait to see the Aeolian! Good luck with the remaining 13,000 stitches...

Anonymous said...

Very nice scarf, i wonder if by any chance you could share the pattern?

Anonymous said...

I too would like to know if you share this pattern. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I too would like to know if you share this pattern. Thankyou. msjam@3rivers.net