thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Spring lace

Lace is a spring thing. Everywhere you look outside there are little bits of lace. Lacy films of fresh green leaves, little lace puffs of blossom, a delicate fretwork of twigs against the sky, and conversely a tracery of shadows cast by the sun on the grass.

Lace tee

And there's lace in my knitting.

Who says you have to stop wearing pure wool when the weather starts getting warmer? You just wear the thin stuff and you wear it with short sleeves.

Lace tee

Lace tee

Pattern: Seamless hybrid by Elizabeth Zimmermann from Knitting without Tears
Needles: 4mm and 3.5mm circs
Yarn: Manx Loghtan laceweight from Garthenor Organic Pure Wool
Ravelled: here

I'm really pleased with this. It fits beautifully and looks great over a vest. In fact I'm so pleased I've just started on a second one.

5 comments:

Lara said...

You are so speedy. It is lovely - the wool works so well in the lace patten.

Moggle said...

Oooooh, that's very pretty! Looks lovely in the natural colour too.

tinebeest said...

Lovely!

You're cruising through the tops and sweaters this year, I'm jealous of your productivity. (but then I can't knit on my bike commute...)

Clare said...

Another gorgeous top! You are the knitting machine - it looks great on you.

Felix said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. I have been enjoying your EZ hybrid sweater 'jag' so much... it's really inspiring how you've taken that pattern into so many garments of joy!

This is such a lovely use of the Garthenor and it looks beautiful on you.