thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, October 04, 2007

But where's the yarn?

I haven't had much time for knitting between the lurgy and the sewing. However, I'm upto the arm hole of the back of the Anya sweater and onto the moss stitch (which means no more colour work in Kidsilk Haze - yay!).

Anya sweater

I'm getting a lot of wear out of my first Kid Classic sweater now that the weather's a bit colder (and I'm under it) so I'm really looking forward to wearing this one.

There's also been a bit of a moratorium on the hat knitting (been busy on the secret project) but I have a few hats saved up from earlier in the year so I should still be able to send off a decent total.

Yarn winding has made it into the news with the discovery of the stolen painting Madonna of the Yarn Winder. It's fascinating to see how the basic design of these hasn't changed over the centuries. It's a more catchy title than the Madonna of the Niddy Noddy.

No comments: