thomasinaknitsheader 2

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Very big house in the country

We had a lovely visit to Tatton Park in Cheshire last weekend for Jenny's wedding. I don't want to pre-empt any post that Jenny might write about her big day - suffice it to say that bride and groom both looked lovely.

Jenny and Chris

Check out the amazing shawl.

Jenny

The weather wasn't fantastic but it cleared up enough for Jenny and Chris to have some photos outside and for Richard and I to take a good look round the gardens after dinner.

One of my favourite blogs is do you mind if I knit? I always enjoy the photos from Vanessa and Hugo's wanderings around various open gardens so I thought I'd emulate her and show a few views from Tatton.

Tatton Park

View from the balcony.

Tatton Park

Facade of the mansion.

Tatton Park

Ornamental chives!

Tatton Park

Rhodedendrons.

Tatton Park

Fancy topiary.

Tatton Park

Deer park.

Tatton Park

Very ornate gate.

Tatton Park

Duck topiary.

Lizzy and Richard

All dressed up.

One of the highlights (apart from the wedding) was the chance to see some of the rare breed sheep which roam around Tatton Park.

Hebridean sheep

Hebridean sheep.

Hebridean lambs

Hebridean lambs.

Soay sheep

Soay sheep.

It was really great to see the next generation of these very rare sheep.

No comments: