thomasinaknitsheader 2

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Fetching the turkey

Fetching the turkey

We're very lucky in that that snow hasn't prevented any of the family who were coming to Bolton from coming or really inconvenienced us in any other way than necessitating a little more travel by public transport or on foot than usual. Of course if we were fetching the turkey in true Dickensian fashion then for starters it would be a goose and we'd have it lashed down to the sledge, possibly on a bed of highly toxic but decorative evergreens. Alas you can't even see the turkey in this photo because it's in the rucksack on my back (and I'm taking the photo)!

I'm starting to feel a little bit tense about the Christmas knitting. I didn't have much to do - two scarves, one pair of socks, and one toddler cardigan - and the only thing outstanding is the toddler cardigan. I'm sure Laurie wouldn't even notice if she had one parcel less to open (especially if it doesn't contain toys) but I would feel like I'd failed as an aunt and as a knitter if it wasn't under the tree by Christmas morning. If you're feeling similarly tense about your Christmas knitting I suggest you pop over to Franklin's blog, laugh hollowly, and then get your nose back to the grindstone.

No comments: