thomasinaknitsheader 2

Monday, October 12, 2009

Cookie monster

Milk and cookie

The boyfriend was keen for me to blog the oatmeal and raisin cookies he made for dessert this evening. Despite us substituting white granulated sugar for brown sugar and not quite knowing what was meant by "1/s tsp" baking soda they turned out splendidly - nice and squidgy in the middle and crispy around the outside. The recipe is from Lucy's Kitchen - our go-to blog for North American cookery - and I'll be making them again for a quilting or knitting get together in the not-too-distant future.

Talking of quilting I met up with some of the other members of the quilting group this evening for a mammoth cutting session. I cut the remaining fabric for the Carolina Lily block and also the fabric for a new block using Celtic applique. I'm very excited about doing some more applique - it's really great to stretch my hand-stitching muscles. I'll do a post soon to show off my beautiful hand sewn seams when I have a chance to take some photos in good light.

No comments: