thomasinaknitsheader 2

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Liquorice twist

Liquorice shrug

I'm nearly done with chart 1 on the second half of the Liquorice shrug. I'm absolutely racing along, largely I suspect due to a slight misunderstanding re the pattern which means that I'm knitting it mainly in garter rather than stocking stitch. In fact I'm knitting almost the complete reverse of what Megan intended. Still it looks great, especially in the miracle yarn that is Jaeger Matchmaker 4 ply. The difference in texture between the second half on the needles and the first half which I blocked last night is amazing. The first is so stiff that a spoon would stand up in it, the second just flows.

Liquorice shrug

Given how much shrug I'm getting for my yardage this might be the perfect project for the leftover Helen's Lace from my POTW and Peacock shawl. I mighr even try to knit it the right way round this time!

No comments: